Dough for Strozzapreti
Ingredients for 10 servings:
28 oz Flour “00”
7 oz Bread Crumbs
10,5 oz Egg whites
8 oz Water
• Place the flour and the bread crumbs on a pastry board or marble topped table.
• Make a well in the centre, add the egg whites and the water, then knead.
• Knead until the dough is smooth and of even consistency.
• Leave the pasta in a tea towel or wrapped in cling film for 30 minutes before using
Green Pasta Dough
Flour 14 oz
Frozen spinach 3,5 oz
- Cook the spinach in boiling water. Squeeze and chop very finely or mix in the food processor with the eggs.
- Place flour on a pastry board or marble topped table.
- Add the spinach and the eggs.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and of an even consistency.
- Leave the pasta in a tea towel or wrapped in cling film for about 30 minutes before using.
Passatelli alla Romagnola
Ingredients for 5 servings:
Parmesan Reggiano '(grated)' 5 oz
Bread crumbs 5 oz
Nutmeg to taste
Meat stock to cook
Mix all the ingredients and leave in refrigerator for several hours.
Bring stock to the boil. Holding a metal sieve with large holes over the pan push the paste through so that it falls into the stock in the form of short pieces of spaghetti. Cook for 3/4 minutes and serve hot.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
Potatoes 20 oz.
Flour 4-8 oz.
Salt To taste
(Preparation time: 40’)
• Wash the potatoes and cook them until soft in boiling water (about fifteen minutes, but very dependant on size). Drain and dry thoroughly.
• Peel whilst still warm, and mash with a potato masher or fork. Then press through a sieve to get the mash perfectly smooth.
• Stir in the eggs and salt, then knead in the flour. Start with a small amount, and keep adding until the mix is no longer sticky.
• Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Make little flattened balls of the mix, marking dents in them with a fork. Place on a floured baking tray, preventing them from sticking together.
• When the water is on a rolling boil, add the gnocchi. When the they float up to the top, they are cooked. Drain, and add the butter, and sage, stirring gently to help the butter melt.