Goulash with sautéed onions and Herbed Spatzle
800 g Beef
500 g Onions
30 g Tomato paste
4 g Sweet paprika
2 g Spicy paprika
2 kg Meat broth
5 g Fresh garlic
150 g Red wine
1 g Cumin (with seeds)
2 g Orange peel
20 g White wine vinegar
2 g Rosemary
1 g Bay leaf
1 g Marjoram
5 g Curly parsley
10 g Salt
50 g Flour 00
100 g Herbed Spatzle
20 g Butter
30 g Parmigiano aged 12 months
• Cut the beef into 30 g cubes.
• Dust with flour and brown for a couple of minutes, straining off the fat.
• Peel and cut into slices 400 g of onions. Brown, add the meat and tomato paste and cook for few minutes.
• In a sauce pan put together paprika, vinegar and white wine. Make into a thick sauce and add salt.
• Add the broth and let boil for about 1 ½ – 2 hours.
• Cut the rest of the onions julienne style. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit for a few minutes. Drain and dry with the cloth. After the goulash is cooked, dust with flour and fry.
• Prepare the spatzle, sauté with butter and the water from the broth. Remove from flame and add the grated parmigiano.
• Serve arranging in the centre of the plate a bed of spatzle and place the meat on it. Garnish with fried onions and parsley.
• For this kind of recipes it’s important to use meat with gristle. The meat has to be cooked for 2 hours to obtain soft and succulent pieces.
Rabbit cacciatori with sundried tomato, garlic and lemon
800 g Whole Rabbit
160 g Vine tomatoes
150 g Cherry tomatoes
20 g Garlic sprouts
10 g Lemon Peel
40 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
40 g Farina 00
120 g White Celery
96 g Onions
4 g Fresh Garlic
160 g Mushrooms
5.6 g Salt and pepper
1.6 g Rosemary
1.6 g Sage
• Remove bones from the rabbit and cut meat into small pieces.
• Place the cherry tomatoes in boiling water, drain, and then cool in ice water. Peel, leaving the stem. Sprinkle with a chopped mixture of the garlic sprouts and lemon peel. Cook in oven for 2 hours at 230°F.
• Clean the mushrooms and cut into pieces.
• Clean the vegetables and cut julienne style.
• Peel the tomato after it has been placed in boiling water. Than cool in ice water. Cut julienne style.
• Dust with flour and brown in saucepan until thoroughly cooked. Remove from flame and keep in a warm place.
• In the same pan add the vegetables and brown. Add the tomato and spices. Sauté for a few minutes.
• Arrange in a centre of a plate the vegetables. Add the rabbit and tomato and drizzle everything with a drop of extra virgin olive oil and freshly round pepper.
Warm octopus with Canellini beans and Pepper Cream
Ingredients for 10 people:
3,125 kg Octopus
625 g Dried Canellini
187,5 g Little tomatoes
2,5 g Garlic
7,5 g Parsley
6,3 dl Extra virgin olive oil monti iblei
6,3 g Salt
125 g Carrots
125 g Golden onions
125 g Celery
• Soak the canellini beans in plenty of water the evening before.
• The day after place the carrots, celery and onion all cut up into pieces together with the beans in a pan with plenty of salted water and cook over a moderate heat.
• Cook the octopus in a pan with plenty of cold salted water.
• When cooked leave to cool and cut into slices approx. 4 mm thick.
• Cut the tomatoes into quarters and de-seed.
• Chop parsley and garlic.
• Place a frying pan over a moderate heat and add half the oil, the garlic and part of the parsley. Cook gently for a few minutes and add tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes, add the canellini and octopus and cook for about 3 minutes.
At the last minute before serving add the rest of the parsley and oil.
Sarde a beccafico
Ingredients for 6 servings:
Raisins 2 Tbs.
White breadcrumbs 5 Tbs.
Olive oil ½ cup
Pine nuts 2 Tbs.
Ships milk cheese 0,250 lb.
Anchovy fillets 8 n.
Minced parsley 1 Tbs.
Ships milk cheese (Grated) 4 oz.
Sardines 2 lb.
Garlic 1 clove
Laurel To taste
peper To taste
Salt To taste
(Preparation time: 50’)
• Soak the raisins in warm water, then squeeze out the excess water.
• Brown 4 tbs. of breadcrumbs in 1 tbs. oil, and mix all the ingredients except the laurel to get a smooth stuffing.
• Remove the split open heads, bone the sardines and pat dry. Spread them open on a table and fill with stuffing.
• Fold them lengthwise and place on a baking dish.
• Drizzle with breadcrumbs, olive oil, add the laurel and cook in the oven at 450ºF for 15 mins.
Shrimps in Cannellini beans soup with see salad e crispy prosciutto
Ingredients for 4 servings:
Shrimps medium size 12
See Salad 300 gr
Prosciutto di Parma 100 gr
Extra Virgin Olive oil 50 gr
To prepare the cream:
Dry Cannellini Beans 100 gr
Carrots 20 gr
Celery 30 gr
Onions 30 gr
Garlic 1 piece
Water 500 ml
Rosemary 1 small piece
• The day before put the beans in water to hydrate.
• In a pot add few drops of oil end all the vegetables wash and cut in small pieces, add also the rosemary end the garlic. Let all the ingredients brown.
• Add the Beans end the water in the pot. Let’s over cook all the ingredients.
• Bland with a mixer and pass every think in a fine colander.
• Wash the see salad and cook in plenty hot water for few minutes (2/3). Drain the salad and sauté in a pan with a little of oil.
• Chop the Prosciutto in sticks and brown it in a pan.
• In a pan with a little of oil cook the shrimps, with salt and pepper.
• Put a small ladle of soup in the bottom of a plate, add 3 shrimps around, the see salad in the middle, spread with the crispy prosciutto e sprinkle with some oil.
• Serev very hot.